Saturday, June 20, 2009

Photos: my beat with local wildlife

Aerial photograph taken on a flight from Newca...Image via Wikipedia




I like to walk along the beach. The drought here has kept the rain away for many years, but the wet over the last three weeks has made it almost impossible to walk.

I take my camera and observe my beat through the lens. Despite the urban sprawl, the airport and traffic, there's always wildlife and I try to make a pictorial note of the beauty I see.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful walk but then I'm not hearing all the noise though I see a plane. It looks so serene. Noise is one of the things I walk to get away from and it's getting harder and harder to find places away from traffic and airports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you!
    Happily, the walk is far away enough from the road so that I don't hear the traffic noise. And I'm not sure about the planes. I don't think I notice them now. Perhaps you would. I listen to the wind and the waves. The calls of crows too help make up the soundscape, and sometimes the screeches of cockatoos. I don't understand other walkers who must stop up their ears with iPod buds while they're walking, or worse, listen without buds so that everyone else must hear too.

    I try not to hear the conversations of other walkers. Much nicer when I'm walking all alone. Sometimes that's the case: if it looks like rain or it's getting dark.

    Anyway, thanks for your comment, John.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete